CNC Programmer & Machinist:
This job posting is for a CNC Machinist and Programmer position open at a leading precision machine shop in Placentia, CA. The position offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, & FSA), a 401(k)-matching program, and paid holidays and vacation.
If you are an experienced machinist with CAM programming experience, we want to talk to you!
About the Company:
MKT Innovations in Placentia, Ca is a diversified precision manufacturing company which has been in business for over 45 years. We specialize in metal components for a variety of defense, medical, commercial, and semi-conductor applications. We have a hard-working team of dedicated employees, many of whom have built a life-long career with us. MKT is a growth company and is ISO:9001 certified. We are focused on continuous improvement and value input from our team members on how we can make MKT an even-better place to work. For more information, visit mkti.com.
This is a high-level CNC machinist position which includes part-time programming. The right candidate will be self-sufficient and able to take on a machining project from the process-planning stage all the way through to the finished product. This employee will be cross-trained to work on the machine shop floor, as well as in the office as a programmer depending on workload. MKT programmers must have a very strong foundation of machining experience to draw from, however new employees have the support of a very experienced and helpful programming team. In addition to programming and manufacturing products, programmers work with management to plan upcoming jobs, build setup sheets, order tools, and release jobs to the shop floor.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Setting up and running precision products on horizontal mills and 2-axis lathes
- Developing CNC programs using Gibbs CAM for 4-axis mills and 2-axis lathes
- Creating complete programs ready for every operation of production prior to start date
- Manually editing and optimizing programs as needed for improved quality and efficiency
- Assisting machinists in troubleshooting machining or programming issues
- Sourcing and ordering any necessary tooling for programmed jobs
- Working with management to develop process plans and fixturing for production
- Programming and manufacturing any custom fixturing for new production runs
- Creating setup sheets to communicate process instructions to shop employees
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be willing and able to work in a noisy shop environment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
- High school diploma or general equivalency
- 5 years minimum CNC machining experience
- 2 years minimum CNC programming experience using CAM software
- Strong blueprint reading and comprehension skills including GD&T
- Strong understanding of materials as they relate to tooling speeds and feeds
- Strong mechanical aptitude and spatial reasoning capability
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent cleanliness and organizational skills
- Ability to run multiple machines simultaneously
- Strong communication skills and an ability to problem solve effectively with coworkers
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office suite
Preferred Candidate Attributes:
- Multi-axis and/or horizontal milling experience
- Lathe programming and setup experience
- Gibbs CAM experience
- Manufacturing process-planning experience
- Design experience using Solidworks
- The position includes competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, & FSA), 401k matching program, paid holidays and vacation. The salary range for this position is $30 to $38 per hour depending on experience.
- This position is an hourly, day-shift position. Overtime may be required depending on production schedules.
If you are interested, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org